Work For Us!
Have you ever thought about a career in an environment in the great outdoors? Start your journey today at the Swan Valley Adventure Centre, join our team within several departments to serve a variety of customers giving them a great outdoor experience!
Want to work for us?
Please see the below avalabilities or contact using the below form
Permanent, Full-time or Part-time role
- Immediate start
- Permanent position, hours can be negotiated – full-time or part-time
- Versatile role in a beautiful Swan Valley location
About the role
Perform necessary repairs and maintenance. Inspect and diagnose problems and find a most suitable and cost-effective solution to repair. Use of different hand and power tools.
Minor electrical, plumbing and basic carpentry repairs that do not require a qualified tradesperson, including but not limited to repair/replacement of faulty taps, washers, spindles, door/window locks, screen wire, handrails, light fittings, globes and other fixtures and fittings. Hang pictures. Ongoing maintenance including painting, power washing, de-cobbing.
Strong communication with other team members, tradesperson or guests, to resolve the issues in a safe and organised manner. Maintenance of the swimming pool.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
- Competency in the use of general property maintenance plant and equipment
- Demonstrated experience and competency in Renovations, Tiling, Carpentry, Plastering, and Painting – desirable but not essential
- A trade qualification is desirable but not essential
- High standard of workmanship
- Demonstrated ability to carry out all duties safely and in accordance with WHS regulations
- Working with Heights Certificate
- Current Western Australian Class ‘C’ driver’s licence
- National Police Certificate (not older than 3 months)
- Working with Children Check
- To be supportive of the Anglican Church and its values
What do we offer in return?
- Immediate start
- Permanent role
- Opportunity to learn new skills
- Being part of a great team working in one of the best adventure camps in WA.
As an entity of the Anglican Diocese of Perth, the Swan Valley Adventure Centre is located within the Perth metropolitan area, on a unique 89 acres of stunning Swan Valley wilderness. Swan Valley Adventure Centre has 6 camp houses accommodating up to 260 guests. The adventure centre features over 20 outdoor activities promoting educational outcomes, teamwork and enjoyment for all. All activities are linked to the Australian curriculum.
How to apply
You can apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The applications should include a cover letter of no more than two pages and an updated CV. Shortlisting will begin immediately, and applications will close when a suitable candidate is found.
For a confidential discussion contact our HR team on 08 9425 7200.
- Either Grade 4 or Grade 2
- Work in one of the best outdoor centres in WA
- Develop your own outdoor industry skills – a pathway to nationally recognised qualifications
We are currently looking for casual Outdoor Instructors to join our team. The Outdoor Instructor will contribute to the delivery of outdoor education programmes and activities at Swan Valley Adventure Centre. They will run activities in which they are qualified and assist in all other activities.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Experience in outdoor leadership
- A Cert III in outdoor leadership would be considered advantageous
- A commitment to deliver good customer service
- The ability to empathise and support individuals in situations which are physically and emotionally demanding
- Enthusiasm for the outdoor environment
- The ability to assess a situation rapidly and act decisively under pressure
- Excellent leadership, group management and communication skills
- Good stamina and technical skills in a range of outdoor activities
- Able to work evenings and weekends
In addition to this, our Outdoor Instructor must hold a current Working with Children Check, a valid National Police Certificate and a current First Aid Certificate.
As Swan Valley Adventure Centre is an entity of the Anglican Diocese of Perth, our employees are expected to be supportive of the Anglican Church and its values.
What we offer in return:
You’ll be working with a fantastic team of professionals and will have plenty of opportunity to learn and advance in your outdoor leadership skills.
You will receive full in-house training which could lead to nationally recognised qualifications in roping, canoeing and kayaking, such as ACIA guide or instructor, Australian canoeing flat water instructor, or similar.
The Swan Valley Adventure Centre is located within the Perth metropolitan area, on a unique 89 acres of stunning Swan Valley wilderness. Swan Valley Adventure Centre has 6 camp houses accommodating up to 268 guests. The adventure centre features over 20 outdoor activities promoting educational outcomes, teamwork and enjoyment for all. All activities are linked to the Australian curriculum. We use experiential learning to develop the students in a variety of outcome-based activity programmes, such as leadership, problem solving, etc.
How to apply:
If this sounds appealing to you, submit your applications which include a cover letter and a CV to email@example.com
For a confidential discussion regarding the role, contact the HR team on 08 9425 7200.
Applications close when a suitable candidate is found.