RISK WARNING AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
1. Participation in the Adventure Activities including high ropes, climbing, abseiling, flying fox, commando course, archery, mountain biking, orienteering, canoeing, rafting, bush building, camp fire, tunnel challenge and kitchen garden as supplied by SVAC involves risks, including the risk of personal injury and death. Particular risk includes: twists, sprains, broken bones or physical injury; spinal injury, paralysis and death
2. Before you participate in the Adventure Activities, you should ensure that you are aware of, and properly understand, all of the risks involved in the Adventure Activities and that those risks will include any particular risks associated with any health conditions from which you suffer
3. You confirm as Participant, or in the case of a Parent or Guardian on behalf of a Participant under 18 years old, you confirm that the Participant does not have any medical condition that excludes the Participant from participating in the Adventure Activities.
4. By signing this document, you acknowledge, agree and understand that your participation in the Adventure Activities provided by SVAC may involve the: risks generally; and particular risks described above
5. By signing this document, you acknowledge, agree and understand that you engage or participate in the Adventure Activities voluntarily and at your own risk
6. By signing this document, you acknowledge that SVAC is not liable for any direct or indirect loss, damage or injury arising from or in connection with Adventure Activities with the exception of death or injury caused by the negligent acts or omissions of SVAC and its staff.
7. I hereby grant and assign to The Perth Diocesan Trustees and The Anglican Schools Commission (Inc.) trading as the Swan Valley Adventure Centre (‘SVAC’), its agents, employees, contractors, successors or assigns, all rights, title and interest to photographic/electronic reproductions of me/my child and consent to such photographs being used for any type of advertising, publicity or educational material in relation to the SVAC.
8. By signing this document, you acknowledge and confirm that you have read and understood this Risk Warning and Waiver document and the assignment in paragraph 7