Join Our Team
New Job Posting: Chef
We are looking for an experienced Commis Chef to join our catering team in Swan Valley Adventure Centre and Wollaston Conference Centre.
About the role
The Commis Chef I will provide support in preparation and production of all menus in operation, ensuring all dietary and special requests are met efficiently and are in compliance with all food safety protocols.
Duties and responsibilities
- Comply with the conditions of the food hygiene policies
- Assist CPD, Sous Chef and Head Chef in producing quality food consistently, motivating and coaching catering team as a role model
- Accepting store deliveries, checking quality and products to ensure all deliveries meet food safety standards
- Coordinate and participate with the kitchen team in maintaining cleanliness, reduce wastage and control excessive production, control food stock. Assist Head chef in ordering products as required
- Ensure that mise en place for food preparation is completed in time and ready for production
- Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques
- Ensure the proper sanitation and cleanliness of surfaces and storage containers. Follow and maintain cleanliness and good hygiene practices in the kitchen
- Actively participate in innovative buffet preparation and presentation
- Operate kitchen equipment safely and responsibly, practicing occupational health and safety
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, food preparation checklist and recipe cards
- Practice portion control to ensure set food costs are maintained consistently and wastages are reduced in day to day operation.
- Responsible to maintain temperature logs
- Attend the training being conducted and implement in daily operations and improve the quality of food
- Follow the cleaning schedules for the kitchen and clean the section and other areas as directed
- Work according to the menu specifications by the Sous Chef / Head Chef
- Be flexible and willing to help other departments at busy times as and when required.
Skills and experience
- Certificate III in culinary as a minimum
- Food safety certificate (supervisory level)
- Food allergen certification
- Previous Hospitality and Catering industry experience working at a Commis I or Chef Level
- One year of minimum previous experience required in a high-volume kitchen or full-service hotel
- Strong work ethic with excellent and professional communication skills
- Ability to drive front and back of house operations with a can-do attitude
The successful candidate will be required to provide a National Police Certificate and a Working With Children Check. As Swan Valley Adventure Centre and Wollaston Conference Centre are entities of the Anglican Diocese of Perth, our kitchen attendant should also be supportive of the Anglican Church and its values.
You will be preparing delicious food in two centres: Swan Valley Adventure Centre in Middle Swan and Wollaston Conference Centre in Mt Claremont.
Swan Valley Adventure Centre offers a safe and secure world of adventure that is challenging, exciting, and transforming. We offer activity packed school camps, serene corporate conferences or white-knuckle team building adventures.
Wollaston Conference Centre enjoys a wonderful central location fifteen minutes from Perth City with impressive views of Bold Park and the Indian Ocean. Wollaston offers a choice of well-appointed conference rooms suitable for groups of up to 150 people. Our rooms are suitable for large or small organisations for conferences, seminars, workshops, meetings, discussion groups and more.
What we offer
- Full-time permanent role
- Free car park
- Career progression
How to apply
Applications which include a cover letter and your CV are invited to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisting will begin immediately.
New Job Posting: OUTDOOR INSTRUCTOR (CASUAL)
- An opportunity to work in one of the top Outdoor Education Centres in WA
- Develop your own outdoor industry skills
- Flexible hours, casual role
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Cert III outdoor recreation or equivalent experience; minimum 2 years of experience
- Two or more of the following nationally recognised qualifications in roping, canoeing and kayaking, such as ACIA guide or instructor, Australian canoeing flat water instructor, or similar
- A commitment to deliver good customer service
- The ability to empathise and support individuals in situations which are physically and emotionally demanding
- Enthusiasm for the outdoor environment
- The ability to assess a situation rapidly and act decisively under pressure
- Excellent leadership, group management and communication skills
- Good stamina and technical skills in a range of outdoor activities
- Able to work evenings and weekends
In addition to this, our Outdoor Instructor must hold a current Working with Children Check, a valid National Police Certificate and a current First Aid Certificate.
Our employees are expected to be supportive of the Anglican Church and its values.
If this sounds appealing to you, submit your applications which include a cover letter and a CV to email@example.com
For a confidential discussion regarding the role, contact Katerina Lazarevska on 08 9425 7200.
Applications close when a suitable candidate is found.